If you own an investment rental property and want a long-term tenant, then you have to put yourselves in their shoes. Tenants are like owner occupiers. While struggling to match the current rental prices, they expect value for their money. So you need to offer appropriate benefits.
Here’s a list of tenant desirables:
* A clean, tidy and well-maintained property. The tenant needs to feel that the landlord will attend to any repairs or maintenance issues and is willing to spend money on their investment property.
* A good location. Just like owner-occupiers, tenants seek closeness to essential services to meet their lifestyle choices. Nearby shops, schools, transport and leisure facilities all count and are highly sought after.
* Storage space. Tenants like plenty of storage and cupboard space. Everyone has personal items and plenty of possessions that need a space. This includes a safe place to park the car!
* Little luxuries. Tenants all look for dishwashers, air conditioning and good heating. These appliances are at the top of their list.
* New renovations. Tenants like fresh paint and new carpeting. They also like a fresh, airy feeling with plenty of light and will pay that little extra to feel comfortable.
These amenities can separate your property from a similar one in the area. Hence, it will have broader tenant appeal and can command a higher price than
similar properties lacking these attributes.
If you have a question about real estate, or would like assistance in locating a property, feel free to phone me, Noel Thompson Principal Professionals Logan Lifestyles at either Browns Plains 3800 4000, Marsden 3200 4495, Springwood 3808 5544 or Waterford 3299 7733.